The After Hours update for GTA Online released on July 24th, 2018.
It features the nightlife in Los Santos, and the return of GTA 4 character Tony Prince, a.k.a. “Gay Tony” from the expansion The Ballad of Gay Tony from Grand Theft Auto 4.
The Afterhours update includes:
- A new Online-only radio station called Los Santos Underground Radio or LS-UR (available July 31) featuring a new a DJ mix following each DJ residency debut
- Dancing gameplay in a variety of styles and intensities synced to the beat of the music
- In-club mini games such as popping bottles and drinking in VIP with friends
- Freemode Business Battles, Club Management Missions and more
- An Expanded Garage
- 7 new vehicles including the Dinka Jester Classic (Legendary Motorsport), Ocelot Swinger (Legendary Motorsport), Mammoth Patriot Stretch (Southern San Andreas Super Autos), Festival Bus (Southern San Andreas Super Autos), MTL Pounder Custom (Warstock), Maibatsu Mule Custom (Warstock), Vapid Speedo Custom (Included with Nightclub)
- New Clothing
- Additional Modes
- The ability to consolidate all existing criminal businesses under one roof using your nightclub!
If you logged in between June 25-July 2nd, you will continue to receive Guest List bonuses:
- GTA$350,000 and a Maisonette Los Santos Tee
- 40% discount on the Maibatsu Mule Custom and MTL Pounder Custom
- 40% off armor upgrades on both vehicles including the Vapid Speedo Custom
- Exclusive Sessanta Nove Multi-Color and Pink & Green Camo Liveries
- Exclusive For Queen and Country Livery for the Ocelot Swinger
Sign up for PlayStation Plus for 12 months via GTAV and get an additional 3 months of PS+ free along with a one-time bonus of GTA$1,250,000 and GTA$200,000 every week for 7 weeks (offer expires August 6th).
Resident DJs Debut Dates
- Solomun – July 24th
- Tale Of Us – July 31st
- Dixon – August 7th
- The Black Madonna – August 14th
EditAfter Hours Tips & Tricks
The After Hours update introduces a slew of new missions and ways to manage all of your business properties. Here are a few important secrets to making the most out of your nightclub
Your nightclub serves as a hub for your other, less legal, business ventures. In order to run your businesses through the nightclub, you’ll need to have at least one of the following business types (note that the only business not run through your nightclub is the Import/Export car sales):
- South American Imports (Cocaine Warehouse, Bikers)
- Cash Creation (Counterfeit Cash Production, Bikers)
- Printing & Copying (Document Forgery, Bikers)
- Cargo & Shipments (Smuggled Goods & Cargo, FAiF&F / Smuggler’s Run)
- Organic Produce (Marijuana Farm, Bikers)
- Pharmaceutical Research (Methamphetamine Production Lab, Bikers)
- Sporting Goods (Weapons Manufacturing, Gunrunning)
The good news is that, while you do have to own one of these businesses in order to sell goods through your nightclub, you do not need to actively manage them. Your nightclub warehouse staff will automatically procure goods, even if you aren’t sourcing supplies and making sales from each business individually.
EditNightclub Business Payouts
Each business type you run through your nightclub accrues stock at different speeds and is worth varying amounts of money. Fake IDs, for example, can be produced fairly quickly, but are worth considerably less than the cocaine that takes much longer to stockpile for sale.
Each business has a different value per unit and max amount of stock you can store, and Tony will take a 10% fee for laundering the money through the nightclub:
|CARGO TYPE||PRICE/UNIT||MAX STOCK||MAX PAYOUT*|
|*Max Payount is less Tony’s 10% laundering fee.|
While out in the overworld, you’ll occasionally see an event called a Business Battle begin. These challenge players to track down cargo being transported around the city, steal them and return them to their nightclub.
Each Business Battle will not only earn you immediate cash but also provide additional goods to your warehouse for you to sell later.
Nightclubs double as both a venue business and a hub/cover up for your other endeavors. You can hire staff, buy equipment, and manage the club experience all while earning a steady income.
LSIA Nightclub: $1,135,000
Imagine you’re an international business person looking for a world-class night out, but you’d rather not stray too far from your private jet just in case the FIB hears you’re on American soil. There’s only one way to cater to that vital demographic, and this location is it.
Vespucci Canals Nightclub: $1,320,000
There’s only one thing needed to push the Vespucci Canals into being more European than Europe, and that’s a wildly pretentious and brutally overpriced nightclub set mind the ruins of once-profitable commerce and industry.
Cypress Flats Nightclub: $1,370,000
Cypress Flats is currently in that perfect sweet spot for a new club: it has barrels overflowing with post-industrial cool, but very little housing, so there’s nowhere for the hipsters to roost. This place is staying on the edge for years to come.
Mission Row Nightclub: $1.440.000
A wise man once said that wealth is relative. And nothing will accentuate the astonishing wealth of your clientele like stepping out for a cigarette and gazing compassionately at the highest concentration of vagrancy in the state.
La Mesa Nightclub: $1,500,000
As well as being walking distance for the young professionals in Mirror Park, this is also the only location in town where the roar of the interstate doubles as the world’s biggest sub-woofer.
Strawberry Nightclub: $1,525,000
One of the little-known perks of setting up a ‘night club’in a disused paint factory ‘is’the presence of high residual levels of industrial solvent. Good atmosphere, happy patrons, all night, guaranteed.
Del Perro Nightclub: $1,645,000
This charming 20s-style building in Del Perro has just enough residual class to offer a post-ironic thrill when you turn it into a throbbing techno dungeon.
Downtown Vinewood Nightclub: $1,670,000
Downtown Vinewood is the entertainment capital of Los Santos: Oriental Theater, Whirligig Theater, Doppler Cinema – and right in the heart of it, basking in all it’s abandoned commercial chic, there’s a nightclub location with your name on it.
West Vinewood Nightclub: $1,700,000
It’s hard to find a suitably scuzzy location in West Vinewood. This place was actually in pristine condition until we paid some drifters to live in it for a couple months. Now it has all the character it needs, and then some.
There are several nightclub style options to select when purchasing a nightclub:
- Nightclub Styles: Three base styles to choose from.
- Bare Walls: Free
- Industrial Chic: $225,000
- Designer Decor: $300,000
- Lighting Rig: Five lighting options to choose from.
- LED Droplets: $88,000
- Geometric Neon: $140,000
- Lighting Bands: $217,500
- Motorized Laser Grid: $295,000
- Nightclub Name: “Omega” is free, the other preset Nightclub names each cost $33,500:
- Studio Los Santos
- Maisonette Los Santos
- the Palace
- Tony’s Fun House
- Storage: You can provide multiple levels of storage for your warehouse goods and garages for your vehicles.
- Storage Basement 01: Free
- Storage Basement 02: $395,000
- Storage Basement 03: $414,750
- Storage Basement 04: $435,500
- Storage Basement 05: $457,300
- Total Basement Upgrade: $1,702,550
- Garage Level 01: Free
- Garage Level 02: $140,000
- Garage Level 03: $147,000
- Garage Level 04: $154,350
- Total Garage Upgrade: $441,350
- Dancers: The option to purchase podium dancers (either female, male, or a combination) for the Nightclub, with three wardrobe styles to choose from.
- Two Female Dancers: $213,500
- Two Male Dancers: $213,500
- One Male, One Female Dancer: $233,500
Your nightclub has a variety of features for your NPC guests and fellow players to enjoy:
- DJs:Hire 1 of 4 DJs to dictate the musical playlist in the club, starting with Solomun and followed by Tale Of Us, Dixon, and The Black Madonna.
- DJ Booth: featuring equipment specific to the DJ’s real-world technical rider
- Dance Floor: Popularity will vary based on the state of the club. Complete missions or dance in time to the music to raise your club’s popularity
- VIP Area: Includes new drinking and group activities, with recognizable in-game celebrities such Lacey Jonas, Poppy Mitchell and more
- Office: View security cams and watch the party unfold as well as manage your Nightclub and Business Hub, track Nightclub popularity, and show off business milestones in the form of trophies specific to achievements
- Bars: Include new activities and the ability for the owner can get behind the bar and serve drinks to other players at no charge
Use the Nightclub Warehouse to manage all existing businesses you own and elevate the experience. Expand your network, enjoy discounted business properties, and use tech staff to accrue cargo and tap into new streams of revenue all while you enjoy yourself from the comfort of your own club.
- Additional Staff: Players are given the ability to hire staff directly from the Office Computer – talented staff allow the club to run more smoothly, thus increasing the club’s daily take and decreasing the rate at which your club loses popularity.
- Security Upgrade: Players are given the ability to hire security and tech staff directly from the Office Computer, reducing the amount of Nightclub Management Mission calls the player will receive as well as the ability to purchase security cameras, gun lockers, weapon pickups and upgrades to the standard limo used during missions
You control who gets into your nightclub and the various areas such as the DJ Booth, VIP area and Office. Use the Player Interaction Menu under Nightclub Management, and choose from the following options:
- Friends Crew + Friends
- Associates (this is a catch-all for your Friends, Crew and Org members)
When granted access, other players can enter the Nightclub from Freemode as soon as the club is set up
- Crew members can enter at any time through either the main door or the garage
- Blocked players who try to enter the prohibited area will be automatically turned away
Entry Fees: Nightclub owners can set the Entry Cost from with the Interaction Menu under Nightclub Management from $0 up to $100, with the default suggested cost set to $10
- Once this fee is paid it is valid for the rest of the session for that owner’s club, with re-entry allowed
- Crew members do not have to pay to enter the Nightclub
- If a player doesn’t pay the Entry Cost, they will be ejected from the Nightclub by the bouncer